The Zero Trust Network Access solution – connecting people and their applications everywhere!
Cordaware bestzero – explained in under 90 seconds!
Implement remote working securely and easily without VPN!
With the Zero Trust Application Access, remote access to applications is based on the zero trust model. Whereas VPN access, for example, unlocks the entire network, the ZTAA approach only provides dedicated access to individual applications. Application access is thus separated from the network layer. This removes resources from public visibility and significantly reduces the attack surface.
With Cordaware bestzero®, internal programs can be provided quickly, easily and securely in the home office without having to access complex VPN solutions, etc. The secure connection is initiated via a token-based 2-factor authentication.
Not only in the home office!
The modern working world is increasingly moving away from rigid office workplaces towards mobile and hybrid models.
Cordaware bestzero® is always used when it comes to providing internal resources securely and reliably.
How does it work for programs?
With our Appsbox from Cordaware bestzero® applications and resources from different sources can quickly and securely be made available on the devices of your users. It doesn’t matter whether the corresponding applications are located in the internal company network or are accessed from a cloud.
In contrast to complicated VPN solutions, which cause high costs as well as complex administration, the Cordaware Appsbox offers a smart, quickly available and secure method to connect your home office to the company.
Using the internal components of bestzero® (like Cordaware bestproxy and bestsocks), internal applications are quickly and easily made available on remote work workstations or BYOD.
How does it work for remote desktop?
Especially with RDP connections, the highest risk is that an incoming port must be opened in the firewall for each access to a remote desktop. The resulting risks for cyber attacks, for example through port scans, are of the highest concern. Cordaware bestzero®, the Appsbox and the internal components bestproxy and bestsocks provide a remedy since the provisioning is realized exclusively via single outgoing connections.
General problems with remote desktop connections:
- Remote desktop connections do not comply with security recommendations of the Federal Office for Information Security Germany because the connection must always be initiated from the network segment with the higher protection requirement to the network segment with the lower protection requirement!
With a remote desktop connection, an incoming connection is always established.
- One incoming open port is required per access. In addition, the application can be closed through the open port.
- Direct remote desktop connections are only secured via user name and password. If the password is hacked, the attacker is directly in the corporate network.
Protect your remote desktop connection with Cordaware bestzero®!
- With bestzero® you realize a secured remote desktop connection because no incoming connection is needed at all.
- No matter how many remote desktops you provide, only single outgoing connections are needed.
- The initiation of the secure remote desktop connection via bestzero® is handled via 2-factor authentication (PSK).
With remote desktop connections, one incoming port has always to be opened into the network per session!
With bestzero®, you only need single outgoing connections from the internal network. By closing the incoming connections, the protection of the internal network against hacker attacks is realized. It is no longer possible to penetrate the company network via a remote desktop connection by password decryption, for example.
Application examples for Cordaware bestzero®
With Cordaware bestzero, remote access can be easily established through dedicated connections at the application level.
- Temporary provision of resources at universities – for example for students using their own end devices.
- Simple and secure application access via the public W-LAN in your favorite café.
- Straightforward management regarding resource access for BYOD scenarios.
- Access to internal resources from the home office – work as you would in a familiar environment.
- and much more…
All advantages of Cordaware bestzero® at a glance!
Programs and/or remote desktops e. g. für home office use can be added and removed instantly by a keystroke!
- Zero-firewall-configuration concept – you do not need to open any incoming firewall ports in your company network, which for example is the case with other solutions.
- Only some individual outgoing but encrypted connections are required.
- In contrast to the regular remote desktop, where anyone with knowledge of the user name can log in, the access to the Appsbox is only possible after a prior invitation.
- High flexibility – resources can be easily obtained from multiple sources ( programs/remote desktops from the corporate network and/or cloud).
- Targeted sharing of your applications and/or remote desktops based on LDAP connection.
- Automated onboarding/offboarding through LDAP integration (automatic access assignment for employees and ex-employees).
No additional hardware, work-intensive tasks or resources are required with Cordaware bestzero.
- With bestzero®, the sharing of many different protocols (e. g. HTTP, HTTPS, UDP, RDP, etc.) is possible.
- With bestzero®, your employees work in their familiar environment, so there is no need for training.
- bestzero® and Appsbox are Windows 10, macOS, Linux and Android compatible.
What are the costs?
Return on Invest
What cost savings result from the use of a ZTAA solution?
In General offering applications based on Zero Trust Network Access is far less complex and maintenance-intensive than VPN Technology.
Concrete potential for cost savings are among other things:
- The costs of VPN hardware and VPN software could be reduced significantly or eliminated completely.
- The management of VPN is often very cumbersome and requires high personnel costs. By using ZTAA this effort could be minimized and existing resources could be used more profitably.
- In the area of firewall administration, the situation is similar. As no open ports have to be managed anymore, considerable administrative expenses can be eliminated which reduces the operating costs for the IT security significantly.
The use of Cordaware bestzero® does not only modernize the network architecture, it also has considerable potential in terms of cost savings!
What is the license model?
Licenses are billed according to the concurrent-user license model. This means: You can install the Appsbox on as many home office computers as you like and only pay for the desired maximum concurrent access.
How can I try the Appsbox?
You can test the Appsbox easily, free of charge and without obligation for 14 days!
*The minimum term is one year. You will be notified of the renewal option before the minimum term expires.